The leaves changing color and starting to slowly drop from the trees. It won’t be long before the trees are a vibrant shades of red, yellow and orange. Autumn has always been a favorite time of year for me. I grew up with 4 large maple trees in our yard and that meant plenty of leaves to rake up, and a big pile of leaves to jump into. Rake and repeat!! After a long day playing in the leaves I looked forward to a hot stick to your ribs meal. There was nothing like a nice pot roast to warm me up.
Slow cooker pot roast w/ gravy
- 2 lb eye of round roast
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2″ dice (1 1/2 cups)
- 2-3 medium carrots, cut into 3/4″ dice (3 cups)
- 8-12 mini white potatoes, cut into 3/4″ dice (4 cups)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 Knorr homestyle stock bouillon
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Dry the meat with a paper towel. Generously season with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan. Brown meat on all sides, then transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the water and bouillon to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Turn off the heat. Stir and scrape the bottom till the bouillon is dissolved.
- Place the vegetables and bay leaves around the roast.
- Pour the liquid over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Remove the meat and allow to rest covered for 5-10 min
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Strain the cooking broth into a small pot with a sieve and bring to a simmer.
- Dissolve the flour in cold water and stir into the broth.
- Allow to simmer for a few min, stirring often.